We’re sure you have your work cut out for you this holiday season when it comes to Santa’s naughty and nice list, but have you put your baby’s crib mattress to the test?
The Crib Mattress Naughty List
When it comes to your baby’s safety, we will never compromise. That’s why we never use anything in our baby products that could put us on the naughty list. Keep an eye out for the following common materials used in baby products.
Polyurethane Foam: Lullaby Earth crib mattresses and accessories are made without polyurethane foam, including soybean or bio-based foam, “eco” foam (which are polyurethane foam made with soybean oil), and memory foam. Polyurethane foam is very flammable and therefore contains flame retardants, which are also on our naughty list.
- Flame Retardants: We don’t use any flame retardant chemicals or chemical flame barriers.
- Antibacterial Biocides
- Allergenic Materials
- Glues or Adhesives
- Perfluorinated Compounds (PFCs)
Our Breeze breathable crib mattress also avoids some naughty breathable mattress pitfalls:- Non-Waterproof Mattress: A non-waterproof crib mattress that allows air to pass through the whole mattress might be “breathable,” but it’s also not sanitary. Urine, spit-up, and other messes can drip through the mattress and lead to bacteria and mold growth.
- Hard to Clean Mattress: Some breathable mattresses are hard to clean and need to be thoroughly washed and dried for hours, which is an inconvenience to parents and leaves babies with nowhere to sleep.
You and your baby can rest easy knowing that Lullaby Earth crib mattresses and accessories don’t use any of these naughty-list components.
The Crib Mattress Nice List
Now it’s time for the good news! Lullaby Earth’s safety priorities mean that your baby will enjoy the gift of a safer, healthier night’s sleep.
Here’s how Lullaby Earth Crib mattresses make the Nice List:
- Food-Grade Polyethylene: Our crib mattresses feature a lightweight core made of food-grade polyethylene for superior firmness and support. Our patented waterproof surface is also made from food-grade polyethylene. Polyethylene is one of the safest plastics available and is even recyclable in proper facilities. It’s what food storage bags are made of and is widely used in the food industry.
- Waterproof Surface: Our patented waterproofing keeps the crib mattress (and your baby) safe from contamination due to diaper messes, spills, and spit-up. We recommend a waterproof crib mattress for superior hygiene and easy cleanup and convenience for parents.
- Firm, Flat Support: A crib mattress should be firm and flat to reduce suffocation risk. Softer foam mattresses may sag and are far too soft for babies to sleep on. Keep things on the nice list with a firm, flat mattress.
- Breathability Done Right™: The Breeze breathable crib mattress pad gives the gift of safer breathability without sacrificing hygiene like the breathable naughty list above. A washable breathable pad over our waterproof crib mattress means a safer, more convenient solution to breathability. Check out our Breathability infographic for more facts.
We’re on lots of other Nice Lists too, including several awards and certifications. We’re MADE SAFE™ Certified, which means we don’t use any materials known or suspected to cause harm, and we’re also certified to the GREENGUARD® Gold and Formaldehyde Free standards. Lullaby Earth is recommended by organizations such as Healthy Child Healthy World and the Allergy Kids Foundation. Learn more about our awards and certifications.
Is your baby’s crib mattress on the naughty or nice list this year?