Did you know that next week is Random Acts of Kindness Week? We know how hard moms work taking care of everyone around them, so we’ve put together some Random Acts of Momness to help you treat the other deserving mamas in your circle. And hopefully you will get some love in return when they #MomItForward!
1. Coffee Kindness: Put a little pep in your friend’s step by swinging by with morning lattes for two! Spend a few minutes catching up with a mom buddy you don’t see often. While you’re there, grab your calendars and set up a lunch date later this month. If you don’t live locally to your coffee-obsessed friend, shoot her a Starbucks gift card via email.
2. Care Package S.O.S.: Do you know a mom-to-be, a new mom, or someone who could just really use a little pampering? Mail or hand-deliver a care package with some indulgent goodies like chocolate, herbal tea, some bubble bath, and a good book. Check out Earth Mama Angel Baby for mom-specific care packages for pregnancy, postpartum, and beyond.
3. Babysitting: The gift of babysitting for a friend’s solo mission to Target or for an evening date night is one of the best gifts you can give, and it costs nothing but your time! You can make a cute coupon or card for your mom-BFF to redeem, or just shoot her a text that you’re available to watch the kids the next time you know she’s got plans in the works. She may resist or insist that it’s not necessary, but reassure her that you truly want to give her the gift of a break. She deserves it!
4. Make a Meal: Something as simple as bringing a meal to a new mom (or a not so new mom) can be a huge weight off her shoulders. Bonus points if you make enough for leftovers that freeze well! You will forever go down in her personal history books as a lifesaver.
5. Pay It Forward: You know the scene. You’re five minutes behind and so is everyone else in line for coffee. Why not tell the barista that the next car’s drink is on you? You might even spark a kindness that lasts for the whole morning rush! Not into coffee? You could do this at lunch or even at the grocery store if you spot a parent juggling a toddler and a meal off the salad bar.
Share your own Random Acts of Momness ideas with us so we can add them to the list!
What kindnesses will you shower on the moms in your life? Tell us in the comments and let us know who has done something kind for you lately!